Recently, I’ve been following all these furnishings makers on Instagram and I simply sit there in amazement watching their lovely creations. I assumed I might by no means ve capable of make certainly one of these pretty wooden creations alone, however I discovered this video on Youtube explaining precisely how you can make a espresso desk out of a wood log slice and I noticed I used to be fully underestimating myself and I pulled myself up by the bootstraps and made this beautiful espresso desk for my new front room. I began by getting all my crucial supplies collectively.
- White Oak Stay Edge Wooden Slab (40″ in diameter)
- Two 2 x Four x 8 (For The Desk Base)
- One 2 x Eight x 8 (For The Router Jig Rails)
- One 2 x Four x 8 (For Jig Rail Body)
- One 2′ x 4′ 1/2″ Plywood Mission Panel (For Router Jig Sled)
- 1 1/4″ Screws
- 2 1/2″ Pocket Gap Screws
- 2 1/2″ Powerhead Screws
- Danish Oil
- Black Spray Paint
- Felt Furnishings Pads
- Router Bit
- Dewalt Plunge Router
- Collet Extention (bent)
- Dewalt Trim Router
- 1/4″ Up/ Down Lower Spiral Bit
- Noticed Cease ICS Industrial Cupboard Noticed
- Festool Kapex Miter Noticed
- Powermatic PJ-882HH Eight inch Jounter
- Powermatic 15HH 15 inch Planer
- Kreg K4 Pocket Gap Jig
- Mirka Deros Sander
- Belt Sander
- Parallel Bar Clamps
- Fastcap Flushmount Drill Bit
First, flatten your log slice with a router and bit combo to get a clear degree floor.
Then you definitely give your log slice a Danish Oil End
Then you definitely simply connect your lovely log slice to the desk base you made and painted black.
This desk is so beautiful all my pals like it and need me to make them one, I lastly needed to say, you possibly can borrow my workshop however I’m accomplished, lol.